Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Damn it's good!

Positive K - Nightshift (1992: The Skills Dat Pay Da Bills)

 * For 10 P&P Points: Identify the origin of the guitar sample in this song... damn it's good!
         - Answer: Lee Moses - Time and Place (1970: Time and Place)... good work Brady!

Positive K - I Got a Man (1992: The Skills Dat Pay Da Bills)

 - I hadn't heard this song in 15 years... then my friend reminded me of it... damn it's good!!  Thanks N!

  * For 5 P&P Points: Who is singing the female vocal part in this song?

5 comments:

Nellie said...

You're welcome!

Brady said...

1) Lee Moses - Time and Place
2) Positive K tuned up!

Haha, I didn't know those answers until I did some research...is dat coo? I haven't heard I Got a Man in 20 years.

Devon said...

Good work Brady! Yea research is totally cool... unavoidable. I've thrown up a link to that Lee Moses track... so awesome.

Bobby said...

I miss the infectious beat. I miss her insistence the word 'faithful' was in her vocabulary. I miss hap(py)-hop. I miss... Really, it boils down to one thing. I miss that wardrobe.

kg said...

Always been a fan of this song, but never saw the video until now--- it's everything I would have wished it to be. favorite line: "So when your man don't treat ya like he used ta - I kick in like a turbo boosta"