Sunday, May 29, 2011

Guest Post: Portrait of a Sunday Afternoon

By Alyssa Staker

We are all familiar with Harry Belafonte's 1956 "Day-O (Banana Boat Song)", but here are some of my favorite songs from Harry's 1966 "In My Quiet Room" that truly capture the magical sounds of his voice. I would also like to note that the entire album is fantastic and if you have some time you should definitely listen to it, while sipping something delicious.  Enjoy your lazy Sunday afternoon...


Harry Belafonte - Quiet Room (1966: In My Quiet Room)

Harry Belafonte - Portrait of a Sunday Afternoon (1966: In My Quiet Room)

Harry Belafonte - Raindrops (1966: In My Quiet Room)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the rest of the "In My Quiet Room" album that you could upload? Very beautiful songs but only available on vinyl! Thanks!

Pongo said...

Ask and ye shall receive: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23699373/Temp/%5B1966%5D%20In%20My%20Quiet%20Room.zip

Yea, I never could find mp3s for this so I had to do the vinyl rip myself... it's not perfect, but it's better than nothing!

John Mahan (above anonymous) said...

Had no idea anyone would still have been watching this post so I thought it would be quite a long shot...but this is a great album and a very gracious post. Thank you!

Pongo said...

My pleasure!!