Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ponies in the Surf

A brother/sister duo from Bogota, Colombia... they make quiet, pretty acoustic music. I'm not really sure how serious they are about their band... their last myspace login was last January, they release albums very infrequently and they rarely tour (I consider myself very fortunate to have caught them playing at the cake shop a few years ago). But at least they recorded three fantastic albums... I'm very thankful for that. Here's some samplings:

Ponies in the Surf - Ventricle (2004: A Demonstration)

Ponies in the Surf - Je t'aime (2004: A Demonstration)

Ponies in the Surf - Mimi Come Home (2005: Ponies on Fire)

Ponies in the Surf - Bad Crowd (2008: See You Happy)

Ponies in the Surf - Ponies in the Surf (2004: A Demonstration)

Thanks to Mike for giving me their EP in Boston.

No comments: