Monday, April 25, 2011

Rage Over a Lost Penny

I bought a digital recorder a few years ago. One of the first things I did with it was to go the MoMA and record random people talking. At one point I sat down on a bench; two little kids sat down near me and I was able to record their adorable conversation.

Here's the recording: Pennies

And here's a transcript:

Boy: Do you know how many pennies         I found last week?
Girl: What?
Boy: Do you know how many pennies I found like a month ago?
Girl: How many?
Boy: NINE, at once!
Girl: What!?  Nine at once?!  ...Who would throw away nine perfect pennies??
Boy: Yeah, who?

I think this conversation says more than I could ever say about the value of money, perspective and lots of other important stuff. And it's really cute.

Beethoven, Ludwig van - Rondo รก Capriccio for piano in G Major 
     (Rage Over a Lost Penny), Op. 129 (1993: Anatol Ugorski)

No comments: