Friday, May 06, 2011

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

This album came out a few days ago and I've been listening to it a lot. It's not as good as I want it to be... but it's still very good. The production, particularly on Robin Pecknold's voice is incredible. But the songs are a little uneven... a lot of them have great moments that transition into mediocrity. Still, I'm sure it's gonna get great reviews and it deserves them because the first song on the album, 'Montezuma', is outstanding in every way. I posted it a couple days ago but I'm putting it up again... listen to it! There's a story behind this album that Pecknold put so much time into making it that his girlfriend left him. Then, when she heard it, she understood and now they're trying to work things out. Well... if that's really true, it's 'Montezuma' that changed her mind.

Fleet Foxes - Montezuma (2011: Helplessness Blues)
 - wow

Fleet Foxes - Battery Kinzie (2011: Helplessness Blues)
 - this is another good one.. single-worthy I'm sure.

Fleet Foxes - Blue Spotted Tail (2011: Helplessness Blues)
 - Spare, really beautiful... nice lyrics.

No comments: