Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Sail Away!


Sail Away... an album by Randy Newman released in 1972. It's his second best album in my opinion as well as in the opinion of most critics. His best, and my favorite, is Good Old Boys. I'm shying away from posting from that for some reason... maybe because if you're gonna like Randy Newman then you're already gonna know that album. Anyway, here are a few tracks from Sail Away... if you don't have the album and you like these songs... get it! Every single song is just as good as these:



Randy Newman - Sail Away (1972: Sail Away)
 - "In America you get food to eat, won't have to run through the jungle and scuff up your feet"

Randy Newman - Memo to My Son (1972: Sail Away)
 - The song sounds to me like it could have been on Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot... that's a big compliment.

Randy Newman - God's Song (That's Why I Love Mankind) (1972: Sail Away)
 - Nice story.

No comments: