Friday, May 20, 2011

I Will Wait For You

Weather.com says it's going to rain for the next 44 days...   I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

Ólöf Arnalds - Englar og Dárar (2006: Við og við)

Connie Francis - I Will Wait For You (1966: I Will Wait For You)
 - A cover from Les Parapluies de Cherbourg by Legrand/Demy.  First heard this song in an episode of Futurama of all places.  I never really liked that show... but I guess there was nothing else on.  When I saw this particular episode I was blown away by the devastatingly beautiful ending.  Apparently it was based on the story of the faithful dog Hachiko.  Basically it's the story of a dog who's owner died and the dog would wait at the train station for him each day for 9 years right when the train arrived.  Stream/download the Futurama take on this here if you want, you won't be disappointed... skip to 20:03 for the ending.

No comments: