Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Green Mountain

Björk - Unravel (1997: Homogenic)

To have, long between my hands, your shadow
Facing the sun
Your memory pursues me or drags me, harassing,
Without exit without stopping without refuge without a word without air
Time becomes a house of ill fame
In longitudinal felling of trees where your image dissolves in smoke
The bitterest taste that man’s history records
The dying brilliance and the shadow
The opening and closing of doors leading to the enchanted dominion of your name
Where everything perishes
An immense barren field bitten by weeds and interpretable stones
A hand on a severed head
Feet
Your brow
Your flood shoulder
Your downpour belly and lightning thigh
A stone turning another that rises and sleeps standing
An enchanted horse a stone shrub a stone bed
A stone mouth and that shimmering which encircles me sometimes
To explain myself according to rules no longer observed the
         mysterious prolongations of your hands which turn back
         with the menacing attitude of a modest room with a red
         curtain opening on to hell
Sheets night sky
Sun air rain wind
Only the wind which carries your name

By César Moro (Peru, 1903-1956)

Poem: Battle at the Edge of a Cataract
From the book of poetry: La tortuga ecuestre (Translated by Philip Ward)

Julianna Barwick - White Flag (2011: The Magic Place)


       “You ask me why I dwell in the green mountain; 
        I smile and make no reply for my heart is free of care. 
      As the peach-blossom flows down stream and is gone into the unknown, 
       I have a world apart that is not among men.”

By Li Bai (China, 701-762)

Poem: Green Mountain (Translated by Kenneth Hope)

3 comments:

Pongo said...

For more Moro in the original Spanish go here: http://www.contranatura.org/literat/biblioteca/Moro-La_tortuga_ecuestre.htm#08

For more Li Bai (Li Po) go here: http://www.chinapage.com/libai/libai2e.html

Ted said...

White Flag is what I like to call a twofer because I have to listen to it twice in a row. Julianna Barwick is my favorite thing going on in the ambient genre. I think you may also like Riceboy Sleeps (Jonsi and Alex).

Pongo said...

I call White Flag a ∞fer. I'll check out Riceboy Sleeps... I liked that song they had on the dark was the night compilation. thanks!!