Thursday, November 24, 2011

I've Looked So Much....

Youth Lagoon - July (2011: The Year of Hibernation)

memory is more neat
when it disappears

By Lena Retamoso

(Translated by the author)


Panda Bear - Ponytail (2007: Person Pitch)

“I’ve looked on beauty so much
that my vision overflows with it.

The body’s lines. Red lips. Sensual limbs.
Hair as though stolen from Greek statues,
always lovely, even uncombed,
and falling slightly over pale foreheads.
Figures of love, as my poetry desired them
.... in the nights when I was young,
encountered secretly in those nights.”



By Konstantinos Kavafis (Greece, 1863-1933)

Poem: I’ve Looked So Much.... (Translated by Edmund Keeley / Philip Sherrard)

"This song makes me feel like being showered under thousands of shooting stars."
 - Lena Retamoso

1 comment:

Pongo said...

For more from Lena do go here: lenaretamoso.com/

For the Kavafis go here: http://www.cavafy.com/poems/content.asp?id=47&cat=1

I hope you all enjoyed these posts... I know Lena and I really enjoyed putting them together!!! Be Well!!!